Special Zoning Meeting: April 17, 6pm
Lands to be divided and sold require rezoning before sale of property.
Saturday, April 21, 2018: noon-1pm
The following is taken from the History of Vernon County, Wisconsin. published in 1884.
"This township, known as town 15 north, range 6 west, was the sixth one organized in Vernon county. It comprises forty full sections and four half sections, of land containing in all 26,880 acres, or 3,840 more than a full congressional town. The land is mostly owned by residents, who have strenuously endeavored to cultivate and improve it and in comparison with other town in the county, will prove that their efforts have not been in vain. The United States government still owns and controls about 806 acres of land in the town. Only one stream of any note flows through the town, lending fresh life and strength to the already fertile soil. This is the North Bad Ax river, which enters the town in the eastern part on section 24 and takes a westerly course through sections 23, 22, 21, 20 and 19, making a sudden turn on the latter, and flowing southerly through sections 30 and 31. It leaves the town on the southwest quarter of the latter section. This stream is well fed by numerous tributaries, flowing from all parts of the town. Good springs are also plentiful and supply pure, fresh water for drinking and cooking purposes."